We all know how important teamwork is in business. We hear it all the time. And, all the most successful businesses in the world seem to have it mastered. But to truly master it ourselves, we have to understand what teamwork really means.
Straight out of dictionary.com (because my paperback now lives at Goodwill), teamwork is a cooperative or coordinated effort from a group of people who are acting toward a common cause. Some other words which describe teamwork are: collaboration, unity, harmony, participation, partnership, and synergy.
So, with these terms fresh on your mind. Let’s discover the many different ways teamwork is demonstrated.
The following videos show the true power of teamwork, carried out in very different ways.
1. This time lapse of a huge barn being built over just a few hours, really captures the harmony that results from amazing teamwork.
2. A man’s life was saved from the quick thinking of one person and the help of many others to carry out the rescue plan. This demonstrates how important a clear purpose is to success. Everyone knows what they need to do to help.
3. An athlete who is struggling with her studies, while in training gets some much needed help and support from her friends. This kind of teamwork demonstrates camaraderie and having each other’s back. Helping just to help.
She says, “If you want to go fast you go alone, but if you want to go far you have to go as a group”.
4. A marching band gets creative and works in unity to perform this awesome display. Their coordination is very impressive!
5. Great teamwork occurs all the time in the animal kingdom and sometimes it could mean the difference between life and death. This video, called “Battle at Kruger” shows a struggle between a pride of lions, a herd of buffalo, and 2 crocodiles at a watering hole in South Africa after a baby buffalo is attacked. The herd of buffalo stand strong together in their common cause of saving the young victim.